Thursday, September 9, 2010

I'm Going To Miss Today

Today, we had our last lecture at SNU before going across South Korea for the LG tour. After having two weeks of lectures, I realized how much I missed studying, feeling sleepy at classes and chatting with friends at campus. I really treasure every minute I have here. Perhaps it's time to apply for real scholarship?:)

Today was also the last day of Ramadan. Muslim brothers and sisters, how have you fared in this year's Ramadan? For me, this year's Ramadan has been great. It's not about being in Seoul for the last ten days, but more about how I struggle to maintain my spirit throughout the month. 

Ramadan always has a special place in my heart. It is the time when I spend time with M&D. It was M who usually woke me up for sahur and prepared meal to be taken to office for iftar, while D would take both of us to a mosque for Subuh prayer and tarawih prayer.

The holy month is also the moment to reflect and contemplate things I've done or will do in the upcoming year. The time that is usually spent for eating can be used for evaluating life. There is always temptation to do bad things, but I believe that every Ramadan is a learning process and that we are all making progress, no matter how small it might be.

While I'm excited to have my first Idul Fitri celebration abroad, I'm also sad because Ramadan is over.  Hope you have had a wonderful Ramadan. Eid Mubarak.

No comments:

Post a Comment