Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Street Food Galore

When wandering on the streets of Seoul, it is likely that you will find many street food sold on four-wheeled carts. I asked the SNU volunteers on what kind of street foods I could have that are in accordance to my diet (no pork, no alcohol), and they said that I should try toppoki, or tteokbokki (spicy rice cake). Since I had my dinner, I opted for a light snack consisting several seafood fritters dipped into toppoki sauce. Boy, it was very spicy indeed!

Although I didn't try many street food (I was too preoccupied with my diet restriction), I took many photos of the street vendors. In some ways, the photos remind me of Jakarta, or any city in Indonesia, where people make a living with their carts. Here is some pictures on Seoul's street foods.

pancakes

fritters and toppoki

chicken on skewer

another kind of cakes, but I don't know what it is.

octopus

i dunno what he sells, but i like his style

kimbap

taken near hongik university subway station

also near hongik university subway station

No comments:

Post a Comment