Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Naniura

Have you ever tried naniura? In Batak language (Batak is just one of the many ethnics living in Indonesia), naniura means the uncooked fish.  But since it uses asam jungga (a kind of tamarind?) in the process, the fish does not taste or smell too fishy. Ever since I heard about this dish, the sushi fan in me was curious about the dish.

When I was passing Kalimalang on the way home, I saw a new sushi restaurant with the word Naniura on the billboard, so I stopped and asked if they really have the dish on the menu. Why, yes, they do. Otherwise it would betray the namesake, I suppose, hehehe.

So without further ado, let me present you: Naniura!


Verdict: It is very sour. But the fish meat is tender and juicy. Once in your life, you should explore your homeland's unique cuisine. And if you're Indonesian, naniura should be in that food list:)

No comments:

Post a Comment