Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Four Ls

One night, I was catching a ride with my friend Tika and her husband Budi. We made a stop at a Shell gas station on Jl. Gatot Subroto. As an officer was loading the gasoline, we went to the shop to pay and buy some snacks. Then I saw the employee-of-the-month board. I read the name of Luksan and Luknan on the list, along with their photos, which I found rather identical.

Seeing how serious I was at the board, the cashier chimed in,"That's me and my brother up there. I'm Luksan."
I turned my head and said,"I thought so. Your faces and names are identical."
He added,"I have three brothers, the oldest is Luki, the second Lukman, then Luknan, come in third and the last is me, Luksan. The funny thing is our parents' names don't even start with the letter L."
Hmm, I should say that's interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment