Friday, May 20, 2011

A Kind Reminder For The Dark Days

Human asks: Why am I being tested?
Quran says: Do men imagine that they will be left (at ease) because they say, We believe, and will not be tested with affliction? Lo! We tested those who were before them. Thus Allah knoweth those who are sincere, and knoweth those who feign. (
Al Ankabuut: 2-3)

Human asks: Why don’t I get tested with good things?
Quran says: …though it is hateful unto you; but it may happen that ye hate a thing which is good for you, and it may happen that ye love a thing which is bad for you. Allah knoweth, ye know not. (Al Baqarah: 216)

Human asks: Why do I get such a difficult test?
Quran says: Allah tasketh not a soul beyond its scope…(Al Baqarah:286)

Human asks: Am I allowed to be frustrated?
Quran says: Faint not nor grieve, for ye will overcome them if ye are (indeed) believers (Ali Imran: 139)

Human asks: Am I allowed to be in despair?
Quran says: …and despair not of the Spirit of Allah. Lo! None despaireth of the Spirit of Allah save disbelieving folk. (Yusuf: 87)

Human asks: How should I cope with the test of life?
Quran says: Seek help in patience and prayer; and truly it is hard save for the humble-minded (Al Baqarah: 45) O ye who believe! Endure, outdo all others in endurance, be ready, and observe your duty to Allah, in order that ye may succeed. (Ali Imran: 200)

Human asks: How do I strengthen my heart?
Quran says: ...Allah sufficeth me. There is no God save Him. In Him have I put my trust... (At Taubah: 129)

Human asks: What do I get from the tests?
Quran says: Allah hath bought from the believers their lives and their wealth because the Garden will be theirs... (At Taubah: 111)


P.S. You can read and also hear the recitation here. There are many versions of Quran translation, but I like the Pickthall version for its Shakespearean feel :P

No comments:

Post a Comment