Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Edith Piaf - Non, je ne regrette rien (Officiel) [Live Version]


In 2011, I took Chantal Kreviazuk's This Year for my annual soundtrack. For 2012, I'd like to take Edith Piaf's Je Ne Regrette Rien.

The lyrics (taken from this site, it has English translation too! yay!):

Non, rien de rien
Non, je ne regrette rien
Ni le bien qu'on m'a fait
Ni le mal; tout ça m'est bien égal !

Non, rien de rien
Non, je ne regrette rien
C'est payé, balayé, oublié
Je me fous du passé !

Avec mes souvenirs
J'ai allumé le feu
Mes chagrins, mes plaisirs
Je n'ai plus besoin d'eux !

Balayées les amours
Et tous leurs trémolos
Balayés pour toujours
Je repars à zéro

Non, rien de rien
Non, je ne regrette rien
Ni le bien qu'on m'a fait
Ni le mal; tout ça m'est bien égal !

Non, rien de rien
Non, je ne regrette rien
Car ma vie, car mes joies
Aujourd'hui, ça commence avec toi

Found here

Have you ever heard of the French songbird Edith Piaf? The 2007 movie titled La Vie En Rose brought her name into my radar despite the fact that I've taken French course since 2005. Her songs are mostly love songs, but this one is more about getting back on your feet after a hard blow. Well, it pretty much sums up how I'm feeling right now :). Another similar song I've also listened to lately is Adele's Rolling In The Deep.

Do you have songs you'd like to listen when you're feeling down? Share with me, please.

Here's to hoping this year will be wonderful one. Cheers!

6 comments:

  1. Wah Tifa, I have plenty of such songs; I divide them into 2 categories: (A) whose themes are about self-motivation, (B) in which someone else (supposedly your loved one) motivates you.

    Examples of songs A: "Hero" by Mariah Carey, "Reach" by Gloria Estefan

    Examples of songs B: "You'll Be in My Heart" by Phil Collins, "I Believe in You" by Celine Dion & Il Divo, "This I Promise You" by N'Sync, "Then You Look At Me" by Celine Dion - This category requires me to be quite delusional, tho :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. hm, i think i like category A better, because i can't imagine anyone singing category B to me :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaaa wida... she's very creative with her "song-categories" thing... :D
    Anyway, Edith Piaf... I only know one song from her: La Vie en Rose... hehee... dasar emang gue gak gaul yeee... :p
    Recently I've been listening a lot to "All The Way" by Celine Dion and Frank Sinatra. Such a beautiful song :p It tickles the romantic Dian in me hehehe...

    ps: the link to the song: www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyuSrm1oLxg

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok wait. on a second thought, you actually asked about songs we'll listen when we're feeling down, right Tifa? hehee
    Ok. My list:

    I Look To You - Whitney Houston
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Pze_mdbOK8

    Bring You Home - Ronan Keating
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKJRIQF1YqI&feature=related

    Just When I'd Given Up Dreaming - Ronan Keating
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_ms0UAO_RY

    Smile - The Glee casts version
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9ZHxNa50bY

    Hero - Mariah Carey (same like Wida) heheee

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the song recommendation. i know the ones by whitney houston and mariah carey, but have yet to listen to ronan keating. will listen to those songs asap :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have another... "Tomorrow" by Nikka Costa (and also that little orphan girl "Annie" in an old Disney movie). Allow me to quote my favorite part: "When I'm stuck with a day that's grey and lonely, I just stick out my chin and grin and sing: The sun will come out tomorrow, so you gotta hang on til tomorrow, come what may... Just thinkin' about tomorrow clears away the cob webs and the sorrow, til there's none..."

    Okay, it appears to form most part of the song; what with it basically repeats of a few mere sentences. :P

    P.S.: Ok, Dian up there is very 'diligent', copying the links to Youtube. But I'm not as diligent as Dian; so please search on your own the songs that I recommend, Tifa :D

    ReplyDelete