Monday, January 30, 2012

Banana Bread

I must be living in denial because after the failed attempt on carrot cake, I just keep up with the baking. What can I say? This stubbornness is a part of me *sigh*. This time I want to present you: Banana Bread!

The ingredients:
125 gram of flour
60 gram of margarine (the recipe says butter, but I'm improvising...again)
1 egg
Palm sugar (as you can see, I use the block-shaped one, next to the egg)
1 cup of banana (mashed)
1/2 tablespoon of baking soda
1/8 tablespoon of salt

As usual, I made it half recipe because there were only three people in my house. If you want to make a larger cake, just double the ingredient. Ok, now how to make it. Quite easy, actually.

Mix the margarine and the palm sugar. At first it was difficult to mix them because both were still in their solid form. Maybe I should melt them beforehand? Anyway, I managed to mix these two ingredients.


Put in mashed banana and egg. Things are getting easier to mix after the egg. Then put the flour in, little by little.


Here's how it looks before being baked  for 35 minutes. It has golden color and tantalizing aroma. 

After the icing. Tastes good, but the icing still looks awful. There are rooms for improvement. But it looks much better than the first one.

Now, you must be wondering if I will continue doing this. You bet I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment