Thursday, November 17, 2011

Fakir Bandwidth*

Picture this: a person enters a cafe or restaurant, orders only one menu (most likely the cheapest one!) and opens the laptop to work for hours in that premise. Now tell me, how many times have you seen such people? 

I must say a lot, especially since I'm one of said people:P.

Like I mentioned before, Jakarta is notorious for its traffic jams. It is so bad, you can spend half of your life on the street, literally. Thanks to technology, now many people can work from outside of office. As a result, most people ask wi-fi connection instead of the menu before entering an eatery. This can backfire because sometimes either the food or the connection is not that good.

Below are some of my favorite working place when I'm not typing away in my office.

1. L'Institute Francaise d'Indonesie (IFI) Salemba

The wi-fi connection is not only found in the library, but can also be enjoyed in the cafeteria. If you're not in the mood for eating, you can stay in the library. If I'm typing in the cafeteria, I usually order mie ayam jamur bakso (chicken noodles with mushroom and meatballs) and iced tea. Then I'll be a busy bee for the rest of the day. But the other menus are good too. I frequent this place not only for its wi-fi, but also to nurture my French.

2. fX mall

The whole building has wi-fi connection and there are chairs for the mall visitors. When I don't feel like eating, I simply sit on one of those chairs and start typing away. You can ask the password at the receptionist desk. 

3. Kopi Tiam Oey

I've mentioned this restaurant before. And the fact that it has wi-fi connection makes this as my favorite place:).

4. Dunkin Donut near my home

Honestly I'm not a fan of donuts, but this place opens for 24 hours. Yay! Happiness is a good internet connection found in the middle of the night!

5. McDonald's

Again, I'm not a fan of junk food. But these restaurants are everywhere, and with Rp 5,000 (less than US$1), you can eat some unhealthy food while typing for hours. 

Do you have any favorite place to hang out and enjoy the wi-fi connection?

*The poor who lacks of bandwidth

No comments:

Post a Comment