Thursday, September 15, 2011

To People Who Keep Asking For My BlackBerry PIN,

Please stop doing it, because I don't have one and don't plan to buy one either. Some people may find it weird because I work in the media that requires us to keep in touch with the current news. Hence the ubiquitous smartphone. But I don't feel the need to own one. For me, a first generation of mobile phone is good enough.

While I'm at it, I also want to address people who keep sending me MMS or pictures to my mobile phones, sorry dude, I can't see the file, whatever that is. Also, to people who keep demanding me to promptly answer their text messages, phone calls, messages left in my social media accounts, sorry guys, I have a very demanding job and am always on the run, so I can only reply when I really have the time.

I know there are people who can answer text messages and do other things at the same time. I guess I'm not that kind of person. I like to type my text messages during the calm moments, while adding some funny jokes or emoticons into it.

Many people have mocked me about me not having a smartphone. It's ok, I never like being in the mainstream anyway. Actually I know some people who hope that they can leave their BB groups because the messages distract them and having a BB means you're always on the job.

Several friends will kill me to say this but if it weren't for my work, I would not buy a mobile phone. I like things old school, such as desk telephone, hand-written letters or postcards and some peaceful me-time without having my parents check me on my mobile. Hahaha. Don't get me wrong, I still love my parents, I just need some space from time to time.

To people who keep asking for my BB PIN, I'd like to say that it'll very unlikely for me to buy that gadget. No, definitely not a BB, but an iPhone is possible since I'm an Apple addict:). Just not in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment