Friday, September 2, 2011

1001 Answers For "The Question"

During the family gathering on Idul Fitri (or any other religious) holiday, there is one question that all single women dread most: "When are you getting married?" Argh.

Sometimes that question does not come from our own parents, but from concerned aunties and uncles. While I know they mean well, I just can't stop shuddering whenever there's a family event scheduled within the next few weeks. Usually I avoid such event by going to work. Pathetic, I know.

Anyway, my friend @alfianidris and several other friends had this funny hashtag in Twitter about the answers to "the question", depending on who is answering. Since we all work in the media, most answers are journalism-related. The answers are so funny and witty, I feel they deserve to be posted here.Without further ado, here they are.

When are you getting married? | What did you ask? What was I saying? *long pause* #FinanceMinisterEdition

When are you getting married? | The question is too technical. You should ask my director general instead #EnergyMinisterEdition

When are you getting married? | When the oil lifting hits one million barrels per day #EnergyMinisterEdition

When are you getting married? | Year-on-year will see a decrease, while the month-on-month increases #BankIndonesiaGovernorEdition

When are you getting married? | Excuse us, missus. Bapak can not pass. Make way, please #BankIndonesiaGovernor'sPersonalAssistantEdition

When are you getting married? | After the IPO #IndonesianStockExchangeJournalistEdition

When are you getting married? | I'm still waiting for the acquisition #EconomicsJournalistEdition

When are you getting married? | We're still searching for two more evidences #CorruptionEradicationCommissionSpokespersonEdition

When are you getting married? | Sorry, we can't give any statement #PublicRelationEdition

When are you getting married? | Wait a moment, I want to close my unitlink #FinancialPlannerEdition

When are you getting married? | The flow of soul mate to the heart is jammed, and so does the other way around #TMCPoldaMetroEdition  

When are you getting married? | Say what? You never got chili on your mouth? #CruelEmployerEdition

When are you getting married? | How much asset do you have? #ForbesJournalistEdition

When are you getting married? | I'm following the government decision #DelayedIdulFitriEdition

When are you getting married? | I'll do the unregistered marriage (nikah siri) #InfotaintmentJournalistEdition

When are you getting married? | Alhamdulillah yah, it's really something #SyahriniEdition

When are you getting married? | I have to find the seven horcruxes. Then I'll think about that #HarryPotterEdition

Have a witty weekend, guys:).

2 comments:

  1. LOL... These are hilarious, Tifa! My favorites are: "The flow of soul mate to the heart is jammed, and so does the other way around #TMCPoldaMetroEdition"

    and

    the cruel employer & delayed idul fitri editions. wkkk.. Thx for sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha glad you like it wida. mine are the energy minister (the first one) and the delayed idul fitri editions :).

    ReplyDelete