Thursday, March 31, 2011

Pick Up Lines From Movies

During the bedroom cleaning process, I stumbled upon Youthspeak, the TJaP's monthly tabloid focusing on students. The March edition is about poems, rhymes and even pick up lines found in movies. Then, I did some googling and found more. Since I love pick up lines, I just want to share them here. Enjoy!


"You know the sort of girl who doesn't sleep with a man on a first date?  Well, I'm not one of those." - Emma Thompson to Jeff Goldblum in The Tall Guy, 1990.


"Let's get married and if that doesn't work out we'll live together and if that doesn't work out we'll date." - Randy Quaid in Lightning, 1996.

"Well, I'll tell you the truth now.  l ain't a real cowboy, but I'm one helluva stud." - Jon Voight in Midnight Cowboy, 1969.

"How about coming up to my place for a spot of heavy breathing?" - Walter Mathau to Carol Burnett in Pete 'n' Tillie, 1972.

"Why don't you get out of that wet coat and into a dry martini?" - Robert Benchley to Ginger Rogers in The Major and the Minor, 1942.

"I used to live like Robinson Crusoe, shipwrecked among eight million people.  Then one day,  I saw a footprint in the sand, and there you were." - Jack Lemmon to Shirley MacClaine in the Apartment, 1960.

"I gotta warn ya, every man I've ever gone out with has been ruined."
"Well, that's what they get for messing with my girl."
(Annette Benning and Warren Beatty, Bugsy, 1991)


"You came back to this bar to see me tonight, didn't you."
"What if it wasn't you I came here to see tonight?"
"Well, ya’ got lucky."
(Paul Newman and Charlotte Rampling, The Verdict, 1982).



“Oh man…do you have change for a dollar? All I’ve got are these stupid Nepalese coins.”
“You've been to Nepal?”
“Not in months. I don't know why I bought the damn place.”
(Matt Dillon and Cameron Diaz, There’s Something About Mary, 1998)

"You know, when you blow out the match, it's an invitation to kiss you."
(John Gilbert to Greta Garbo, Flesh and the Devil, 1926)
 
“Rhett, don't. I shall faint.”
“I want you to faint. This is what you were meant for. None of the fools you've ever known have kissed you like this, have they?”
(Clarke Gable to Vivian Leigh, Gone With The Wind, 1939)

“When I think of why I make pictures, the reason that I can come up with just seems that I've been making my way here. It seems right now that all I've ever done in my life is making my way here to you.”
(Clint Eastwood to Meryl Streep, The Bridges of Madison County, 1995)


“God. You're a real live outlaw!”
“I may be the outlaw, but you're the one stealin' my heart.”
(Gina Davis and Brad Pitt, Thelma and Louise, 1991)


"I love that you get cold when it's seventy one degrees out; I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich; I love that you get a little crinkle above your nose when you're looking at me like I'm nuts; I love that after I spend a day with you I can still smell your perfume on my clothes, and I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."
(Billy Crystal to Meg Ryan, When Harry Met Sally, 1989)



"I have crossed oceans of time to find you."
Gary Oldman to Winona Ryder, Bram Stoker’s Dracula, 1992)

"Swoon. I'll catch you."
(Ralph Fiennes to Kristin Scott Thomas, The English Patient, 1996)


“Your eyes are amazing do you know that? You should never shut them, not even at night.”
(Oliver Martinez to Dianne Lane, Unfaithful, 2002)
 
Source: here and here      

No comments:

Post a Comment