M&D
1. My job
M : Why do you keep coming home at night??
Me : Well, it's Jakarta, M. The streets aren't clear from the traffic jams until 21.00.
M : But your cousins don't come home late?
Me : They don't work on the media
M : Then, you should find a regular 9 to 5 work?
Me : It's not that easy to find a job (inhaling a deep breath)
2. Which comes first: grandchildren or son-in-law?
M : (put some neighbor's daughter name here) has just delivered her baby.
Me : Really? That's good.
M : And when is your turn? I want to have grandchildren too.
Me : Well, I can have children first and married later. Is that what you want?
M: Noooo! Married first, and have children later.
3. The way I dress
M : Oh no, you want to go out in that?
Me : (wearing slightly tight trousers, super XL shirt and a headscarf) Yes. Why?
M : Don't wear tights please.
A few minutes later
M : You want to wear that ?
Me : (wearing super XL shirt, long skirt and a headscarf) Yes, what's wrong with these ?
M : Go and change with something less bulky, the neighbors may think you're pregnant.
Me: (slap my forehead)
4. On being ill
(When I was ill)
M: (rushing to my room like a panic mother hen) Drink this, this and this (usually some herbal medicines), and then eat this. After that, I'll take you to the doctor.
Me: Don't worry, M. I'm only tired. It will go away in a day or so.
M: No, you should see the doctor today! (her nagging will ensue until I agree)
(When she was ill)
Me : I think you should see a doctor, M. (She had gout arthritis and uric acid)
M : Ah no. It will go away in a week or so.
Me : I've Googled some articles about gout arthritis and uric acid. Here you are.
M: (after reading the articles): Okay, I'll go see the doctor
5. The weight problem
M: Have you gained weight lately?
Me: Er, no, this shirt is just too big. But I kinda like it for it feels swishy and breezy. I think you're the one who gained weight, M.
M: I think so too. This jeans feel very tight on my waist. Argh. How do you and D maintain your slim figures?
Me: (patting her shoulders) We prefer to see you gain a bit weight, because you're already small. You are beautiful, M.
6. The older I get, the easier to bribe them
M&D: Why are you blablabla? (angry on something I did)
Me: Hey look, I still have this (anything that M&D likes, be it chocolate, JCo donuts, BreadTalk's Floss bread, or Bubur Ayam Kebumen). Do you want it?
M&D: Oh yes. (Case closed)
7. Personal ojek driver
D: What time are you leaving for work?
Me: Er, I dunno. In one hour maybe.
D: I'll give you a ride.
(One hour later, I find him asleep on the wooden bench)
M: D, your daughter is ready for work
Me: It's okay M, I'll just use public transport.
D: (suddenly wake up) No, I'm the one who will take you to Pondok Kopi. Don't worry I'll be quick.
No comments:
Post a Comment