Source: here
Words can not express the feeling I have right now upon seeing the news on Mount Merapi eruption. It erupted again yesterday and then today. There were Twitter messages saying that the volcanic ash reached Bandung, West Java. I really hope everything, everyone living near Mount Merapi manages to find a safe place.
Other news: starting Nov. 8, I'll be covering news for National desk, most likely on the issue of human interests. It means that I won't have as much leisure as I had in the Sunday desk, but I'm excited anyway. There was a desk regrouping following the desk rotation, and now, I get a cubicle with a view, yay!
Although I'm no longer in Sunday desk, I'll still be posting fun events that take place on weekends:). Starting this weekend, Jakartans can go watch Europe On Screen, a film festival that focuses on European Union countries. Also on Saturday, my friend Adt will hold a garage sale on Hey Folks!, at Jl. Bumi 17, Mayestik.
Foodienista, indulge your senses at Jakarta Culinary Festival that will last until Nov. 30. Fashionista, have a peek into next year's trend in Jakarta Fashion Week that will last until Nov. 12. There are fashion shows that require tickets, but there are some that are free for public.
I'll leave you now since I'm going to meet my friends. But if you want to do something good for Merapi victims, there will be a charity concert in Bentara Budaya Jakarta tonight. Yes, tonight! You can see 12 guitarists, including Piyu of Padi band ahem, performing there.
Have a great weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment