Friday, February 27, 2015

A Motivation To Start Sketching Again

During university time, freehand sketching -- either of buildings or other architectural forms -- was part of my daily life. When I started, I didn't have the gift of sketching. All my friends made better sketches than I did. 

However, if you do a certain activity in a long period of time, you'll get the hang of it. My sketching ability improved during the 5.5 years of my study, although still not as good as my friends's sketches. Now that I don't work in the architectural sector, I've lost my sketching ability again. The only sketching I do nowadays is eyeliner sketching :D. Hey, it's not as easy as it looks.

Ade, a uni friend, recently posted his sketches on Facebook. He now works in an insurance company, but his sketches are still as good as back then. He likes to sketch on the spot. Sometimes his sketches look better than the real objects. He even uses watercolor! *green with envy*

This really motivates me to start sketching again. All I need is determination and...time. Ah excuses, excuses. Perhaps I stick to being a sketch admirer for the time being. Anyway, here are some of his sketches. If you'd like to take a look at his sketches, you can find more in his Facebook news feed under the name of Ade Guntur.

A corner in Semarang's Old City


Immanuel Church in Semarang's Old City

An intersection near his home

 Ade in action. This is actually a good idea for a pre-wedding photo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment