Monday, July 10, 2017

Going To IKEA Alam Sutera Using Public Transportation

I fell in love with IKEA since I stepped into one in Shopping City Sud, and that was 17 years ago. Luckily, IKEA has opened one outlet in Alam Sutera, Banten. But I live in Bekasi, West Java, which is located some 50 km away. 

I have gone to IKEA Alam Sutera a few years ago when a friend asked me and some other friends to go there on a whim. She rode a car, so going there was easy. But how about going there on public transportation? Is that even possible?

Many people suggested that I rode a car there. But this stubborn girl, who has been working in Jakarta, which is located some 35 kilometers from her home, believes that there must be public transportation route she could use to reach the place. So I googled it up, et voila, the Internet does not disappoint.

Here's a link that compiles how to get to IKEA Alam Sutera, either by car, train or bus.

I decided to take the simplest route: Commuter Line to Jakarta Kota station - Trans BSD Bus to Alam Sutera traffic roundabout - Sutera Loop to IKEA.

Commuter Line runs between Bekasi and JakartaKota every 15-20 minutes, and based on some googling Sutera Loop's headway is pretty much the same. So all I need to do is check the departure time of Trans BSD to calculate the time I need to reach Jakarta Kota station from home. And of course, the schedule for Trans BSD is also available online, click here if you need it.

Long story short, I got on Commuter Line, hopped off on the final station and left the station from the right exit. The bus stop for Trans BSD bus is located in front of Bank BNI Kota on Jl. Lada. There are Hop On-Hop Off buses that await passengers. Just wait for the Trans BSD bus patiently. You'll know it from the writing on the bus, and run for it because it only drops and picks up passengers in such a short notice.

The bus trip between Jakarta Kota and Alam Sutera traffic roundabout is around 45 minutes if the traffic is clear. Alam Sutera traffic roundabout has Omni hospital and McDonalds. You will find Sutera Loop bus stop in front of McDonalds.

Sutera Loop red line bus

Ticket is Rp 5.000 per person, one way

IKEA bus stop is after Mall Alam Sutera 2 bus stop

Hej!

Cactus plushie

IKEA Alam Sutera is holding a sale until July 17, 2017. So hurry up and grab your most wanted items before the sale period expires. I couldn't buy much because I was taking public transportation. Here are the things I bought at IKEA:

Bumerang Hanga cloth hangers

Krama wash towels

Vitmossa blanket. This would be useful for the next sleepover, and takes up less space than the sleeping bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment