Monday, April 11, 2016

A Prologue To My Hong Kong-Macau Travel Note

Hello lovelies! After a radio silence, I'm back with several blog post ideas, thanks to the short vacation I recently took. As you can read in the title above: it's Hong Kong and Macau. So what did I do, see and experience during the vacation? I would explain them in several posts. 

But the first question would be: how did it happen in the first place?

It all started in January, when I went to Solo for a business trip. I met my university friend, Aneen, who enthusiastically bombarded me with news of Singapore Airlines ticket promotion. The following was excerpts of our conversation back then:

Aneen: Look, there's a promotion on Traveloka.com!
Me     : Which destination?
Aneen: Hong Kong. Mas Agung (Aneen's husband) will be there between March and April.
Me     : You want to meet him there? Okay.

Just like that, and the next thing I knew I already booked a round trip ticket for Jakarta-Hong Kong-Jakarta from March 31 to April 8. So I guess the next conversation I'd have with my colleagues would be like the following:

Colleague#1: Welcome back. Where have you been?
Me               : Oh hey, I went backpacking to HK and Macau.
Colleague#2: Wow, really. Which airline did you take?
Me               : Singapore Airlines.
(insert cricket sounds here)

Anyway, Aneen was really adamant on this trip. She made the itinerary, booked the place for our stay, and checked all the things we needed to get through this trip. She even came up with the idea to use iVenture card! I'll tell you more on that later.

Here is our itinerary:
March 31 (Thursday)
18.50-20.00 : arrive at HKIA, find the tourism center, buy octopus card
20.00-21.00 : check into the hostel
April 1 (Friday)
09.00-11.00 : get the iVenture cards on Carnavon road
11.00-13.30 : Masjid Ammar (have halal dimsum at the mosque's cafetaria)
16.30-18.30 : Afternoon Victoria watertour cruise
19.00-21.00 : Sky 100 Observation Deck
April 2 (Saturday)
10.00-13.00 : Soho Walking Tour
13.00-16.00 : sightseeing, slow-paced city tour
16.00-21.00 : Peak Tram, Madame Tussauds Museum, Sky Terrace, Trick Eye Museum
April 3 (Sunday)
07.00-11.00 : Victoria Park, a short city tour
11.00-17.00 : Ngong Ping and Giant Buddha
April 4 (Monday)
08.30-21.00 : Disneyland
April 5 (Tuesday)
09.00-10.00 : Take the ferry to Macau
10.00-17.00 :  Macau Tower, Lunch at Galaxy Macau, sightseeing
April 6 (Wednesday)
09.00-13.00 : Largo do Senado
13.00-17.00 : Macau Giant Panda Pavillion
17.00-21.00 : back to Hong Kong
April 7 (Thursday)
07.00-20.00 : Simply soak in the city's vibe :)
April 8 (Friday)
09.00-17.00 : fly back home

Instead of giving you day-by-day posts, I think I'll write four posts: (1) Hong Kong, (2) Macau, (3) Disneyland (because it deserves a dedicated post!), (4) All things I can't place in the other three posts (-.-)". 

I haven't transferred all the photos into my laptop, so I'll re-post the photos later on. Now would you excuse me, for I need to write the posts before the workloads get the better of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment