Friday, October 2, 2015

Unsolicited Advice On Love And Relationship? I've Had Enough

Photo found here

#SarcasticModeOn

So I guess if you are a 35 years old single woman, it means you do not know how to get a man and people who are older/younger but already married/not married yet but is in a relationship should give you advice (even if you are not asking for it) on love and relationship.

Here are some unsolicited advice on love and relationship I've been getting.

1. You should put more effort/be friendlier/dress up more/put more make up
My response: I would, but the man should make le premiere pas

2. Even if you're smarter/richer, you should not show it because men wouldn't like feeling inferior
My response: I don't flaunt it, but I can't change who I am.

3. You should pray to God to send you the soulmate
My response: Do I have to report to you everytime I pray?

Bottom line is one should not try to give anyone unsolicited advice on anything, unless the person ask them to because (a) every person has different characters and condition. Things that may work for them, may not work for other people, and vice versa, and (b) if an advice is not asked, then you're being rude and judgmental for making conclusion and giving unsolicited advice.  

It seems many Indonesians love giving unsolicited advice. Here's a part of a graphic novel series on unsolicited advice on pregnancy.

2 comments: