Wednesday, December 31, 2014

It's Been Five Years Down The Blogging Lane

 Created from this website 

I can't believe I made it to the fifth year celebration with this blog. I've had blogs in the past, I started one during the era of Friendster, then made another one in blogspot and one in Tumblr. But then I got lazy in updating them. I think it all comes back to what you want to do with this space.

To tell you the truth, when I started this blog on the last days of my 20s,  I wasn't feeling hopeful at that moment, being single and overworked on what I deemed as a demanding-but-less rewarding job (more than 12 hours on the road, tight deadlines and it seemed like there was no opportunity to grow). And so I created this space as a haven for days when I don't feel like working, moments when I am least motivated and times when, for example, a certain boss showed he did not have faith in my capacity and integrity.

Now that I'm in my 30s, I notice that this blog is different than the ones I made in my 20s. Unlike those previous blogs that contained swearing words (I used to swear a lot), nowadays I post motivational words, funny conversations with parents and friends and photos that attract my attentions. Then during the dark days, I would turn back the archives to find inspiration and motivation. In a way, I put the best of me here to entertain the worst of me.

Sometimes (ok, so perhaps most of the time?) I worry about the future. But a scroll through this space, I would remember that although I only make small steps on a certain year, it was those steps that have brought me to where I am today. I would never have it any other way.
As a reminder for my future self, here are some highlight of this year:
-- I became the budget owner for Communication division in my office with budget amounting more than Rp 2 billion (!). After having a distrust issue from the previous workplace, this new responsibility has really boosted my confidence and I just couldn't thank my current office enough for their trust.
-- Some colleagues and I went to Pangalengan and White Crater during a long weekend. Since it was a personal trip, my trip buddy Aneen could join. We walked on the lush tea plantation, tried some whitewater rafting along Palalayang river and marveled at the beauty that is White Crater.
-- I went holidaying to Takabonerate atoll in South Sulawesi. It is majestic, amazing, beautiful, a really must-visit place :).
-- I organized two journalist visits to the projects that my office oversees. This year, the projects were located in Madura island and Kupang, East Nusa Tenggara.
-- My best friend and trip buddy Aneen got married! I'm so happy for her. 
-- I went to COP 20 in Lima, Peru as part of the Indonesian delegation! My current boss was very kind to take me to COP to give me a chance to learn more about the climate change and the negotiation. What's even better, now I can learn about the COP from the government side :).

Thank you so much for visiting. I know I haven't been a good blogger this year due to the workload at the office, but my resolution for next year would be to write more :).

Have a great year ahead!

1 comment:

  1. Gw dah 8 tahun malah tif. Tapi skills writing gw in bahasa kok masi gitu2 aja. Btw keep on posting kutip

    ReplyDelete