Monday, February 3, 2014

Do You Just 'Want To Know' Or 'Truly Madly Really Want To Know'?

Most Indonesians have relatively huge curiosity (it's probably one of the Asian things), especially when it comes to other people's private issues. You may take a ride on a public transport and just strike a conversation on any topics with a random person sitting next to you. 

Topics may range from your three children to your investment plan to your cheating boyfriend. No, seriously, I have heard people talking on those topics when I was taking my morning electric train commute. And I didn't even try to eavesdrop. They just talk about it casually, as if talking about the weather.

Of course, people don't always answer the overly sensitive questions. The title of this post is one of the tricks of avoiding such questions. In Indonesia, it says: "mau tahu saja atau mau tahu banget?" A friend living in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia said that they had it translated to Malay language: "nak tahu jer atau nak tahu sangat?" Oh man, I should make a short post on the difference between Indonesian and Malaysian languages one day.

Anyway, this is why sites like www.whysokaypoh.com are vital in this part of the world. I stumbled upon this website after reading this news. Unfortunately, it only functions on smartphones and iPods, so I can't link it here. My favorite part is the Love & Relationship (or from the look of it, the lack thereof).

Now excuse me for I need to practice saying these snarky comebacks :D.

Have a lovely Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment