Thursday, February 21, 2013

The Thought That Came After Reading This Comic Strip

From gocomics

While I've never tutored anyone to be successful as Rose did, I have my share of "What am I doing with my life?" face/moment.
A few days ago I attended an event, which was organized by an former journo fellow. Since she doesn't have to work every day, she now lives in the suburb, where she can see Mount Salak, ride bicycle around a lake and sit under the shades of rambutan trees. What's not to envy? That's career-wise.

On family-wise, three cousins will hold their weddings this year, while other five cousins already have cute children. Me? I am playing parent for my parents, who can be both cute and annoying, especially when they pester me to get married. Of course I'll get married... if a decent man proposes.

Then there is the education factor, as I persist on the seemingly hopeless efforts of scholarship hunt, while many friends leave the country to pursuit higher education abroad with the support of their workplace. Enough said.

All these factors lead to that question above. Here I am, having just celebrated my existence in this world for 33 years, and now I wonder if I've done everything right. Just call it third life crisis (not mid life crisis...yet).

Then I read the comments on that comic strip (just click on the source link and then scroll down) and I feel a bit at peace. After all, we are only parts of this universe and each person has his/her own role to play, so let's play it right. 

Wishing you a terrific Thursday, my friends. If you think that your life is not perfect, remember that there is "perfect" in imperfect :).  

No comments:

Post a Comment