Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A New Year With Fireworks, Churros And Salt

Happy New Year! What did you do on New Year's Eve? Like every New Year's Eve, I stayed at home. After all, I was still recovering from the gastritis or whatever stomach problem that was. 

I decided to make churros (a kind of Spanish doughnut).

Ingredients
100 gr butter
250 gr flour
3 eggs
250 ml water
1/2 tablespoon of salt

Here's the how-to steps:
1. Melt butter with water and salt. Keep the fire small

2. Put flour into the melted butter while keep stirring it. Here's the result

 3. Mix the eggs and put the dough in. I forgot to take the picture of the final dough, sorry! Keep the dough for a while, because we need to prepare the chocolate sauce (my favorite!).

Ingredients for chocolate sauce
100 gr of chocolate
350 gr of milk
1 tablespoon of corn flour (or any flour that can thicken the melted chocolate, such as tapioca)

4. Melt the chocolate with milk

5. Fry the churros. I don't have the decorating tip to form the churros, so I simply put the dough to a plastic, cut one of the corner and press it down. When you don't have many cooking utensils, you need to be resourceful. I zoomed in the churros so you don't have to see the black wok. One day, when I have my own kitchen, I'm going to buy myself good cooking utensils!

6. Buen apetito!

Half an hour before midnight, the sky lit up with fireworks that my neighbors fired up. So I didn't have to go all the way to Ancol or anywhere far away just to see the fireworks:).

Free fireworks show seen from the balcony

Almost all TV channels screened movies, but most of them were re-run. TransTV happened to screen Salt, a movie where Angelina Jolie shoots and speaks Russians. 

Позвольте мне присоединиться к вам, товарищ ченков. From fanpop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment