Friday, December 14, 2012

It's Election Weekend For Bekasi Residents

Vehicles on the toll road and Jl. Gatot Soebroto are trapped in gridlock due to protest staged by the Indonesian Village Officials Association (PPDI) members in front of the House of Representatives in South Jakarta on Friday.(Antara/Widodo S Jusuf) Source

Does anyone survive the terrible traffic today? I went to the bank before going to office. Fortunately, I texted my boss, informing that I'll be late. He then warned me about the strike in front of the House of Representatives building. I made a detour to Tanah Abang, but then got stuck by another demonstration in front of the City Hall. Ack.
On a lighter note, Bekasi will hold its mayoralty election on Dec. 16. I should be going to the voting booth. However, until now, I haven't received the voting invitation. As a Bekasi resident who has lived there for more than two decades, I am very disappointed. My neighbors told me to come and show my ID card to the officials. Hmm, perhaps I'd do it. But I don't know who to vote.

Anyways, here are a few photos from the Bekasi election that I covered five years ago.

 During the campaign period

The campaign period is the time for motorcycle touring, in which children are also involved

No matter how chaotic the campaign period may look, this fritter vendor gains benefit from it

 A voting template for the visually impaired

An officer shows the voting ballot in a penitentiary in Bekasi while the inmates look on

Anyways, below are a few events for the weekend.

-- Movie: Alfred Hitchcock movies. Dec. 14-15. Bentara Budaya Jakarta. See schedule here

-- Music: Pater Maskroen Band. Dec. 15. 6:30 p.m. Erasmus Huis Jakarta. Also performing: Bonito and the Hus Band. Source

Have a wonderful weekend, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment