Sunday, July 29, 2012

Thank You, Postcrossing People!


Have you said 'thank you' to someone or something today? 'Thank you' sounds like a simple word, but the effect is powerful. With Ramadhan is a perfect moment to exercise our gratitude, allow me to introduce thx thx thx, a blog that chronicles Leah Dieterich's daily exercise of gratitude. The blogs shows that there is always something to be thankful for.

In the spirit of Ramadhan, I'd like to say thank you to Stefanie from the Netherlands and Arthur from the U.S., two Postcrossing members who sent me beautiful postcards from their hometown. Thank you guys, you made my days! :)


The first postcard came all the way from the Netherlands and I almost screamed when I saw the picture. Tono dan Tini was one of my favorite childhood storybooks! I read this book when I was a kid, because D worked in the publishing company that released the Indonesian translation so he brought one book for me. Stefanie said that in her country, the title was Jip en Janneke


The second bore the picture of above-ground tombs in New Orleans cemeteries, often referred to as Cities of the Dead. Since the water table in the area is high, people can not bury the caskets because unpredictable flooding will pop the casket out of the ground. Arthur said that we could take tours to this area. Hm, interesting.

Have a superb Sunday!

P.S. If you want to know more about postcrossing, click here.

8 comments:

  1. haaa... this reminds me of an article I wrote about Postcrossing.com for JP. I wanted to join this as well at that time, but damn... I'd forgotten about it until I read ur post here!!!!!
    ahahahahahahaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jip & Janneke...Tono & Tini, jauh yee cyiinnn hahhaaa... it's like they translated Chip &Dale into Kiki & Koko... or Huey, Louie, Duwey into Kwik, Kwek, Kwak, or Neighbor Jones into Pokijan (damn, Pokijan, bookk hahahaaa). Of course the list is longer for dozens more Disney characters :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. dian, join postcrossing.com and don't forget to send me postcards from france :)i love getting hard copy postcards. neighbor jones into pokijan for the win! ahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wah, Mba Tifa join postcrossing juga? It'd be great if you want to swap any postcard with me ^^v

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ayu, baru gabungnya awal tahun ini sih, karena abis baca lagi artikel tentang postcrossing di JP trus iseng pengen coba. Dikau sudah di Seoul atau masih bersama para owa di Pulau Jawa? Boleh, yuk kita tukar kartupos. Kebetulan nih belum punya kartupos dari Korsel. Waktu ke Korsel dulu aku sempat kirim ke alamat sendiri di Jakarta, tapi gak sampai *lirik kantor pos dengan sebal*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aku masih bersama para owa di pulau jawa. kkk. Insyaallah akhir agustus kembali ke Seoul mba, nanti aku minta alamat mba Tifa yaaa ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. halo mba tifa :) Boleh aku minta alamatnya untuk dikirimi kartu pos kalau dirimu tak keberatan ^^ Thanks before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wah udah balik ke seoul ya? boleh banget :) alamat kantor aja ya, rumahku di desa soalnya. alamatnya : jl. palmerah barat 142-143 jakarta 10270. terima kasih ayuuuu xoxo

    ReplyDelete