Friday, June 17, 2011

Thoughts Before The Weekend

Hello, sweeties! Any plans for this weekend?

I borrowed the June 2011 edition of National Geographic Magazine from my office's library. One of the articles published there is about child bride. And then I got an assignment to cover the testimony of a trafficked victim (I wonder if it's the right terms). The 15-year-old girl was sold by her husband to a migrant worker placement company. It's kinda weird how life gives you information at the same time. It makes me appreciating my life.

Anyway, I'm going to finish reading the magazine and...continue reading the Great Short Works of Herman Melville. I've read past Bartleby the Scrivener and now am tempted to say, "I would prefer not to" to my bosses. Hahaha, just kidding. 

It's definitely a lot easier to digest Melville than Tolstoy. I finally turned the last page of Tolstoy's War And Peace and bid the Bolkonskys, the Bezukhovs, the Kuragins and the Rostovs after spending almost four years to read it, phew. What is the latest book you read?

My friend Ai told me about the launching of a book about backpacking in Indonesia at Gramedia Matraman this Saturday. She can't go but I'll probably go there. 

Hmm I wonder where would she go this weekend? I suspect she goes to FantastiKpop concert in Istora Senayan:). Korean fans, are you coming to that event? Share with me please.
 
Another interesting event: an exhibition on Italian cartography at Galeri Nasional on Jl. Medan Merdeka Timur. The exhibition will end on June 19.

Have a retrospective weekend:)

No comments:

Post a Comment