Sunday, January 31, 2010

Working On A Sunday

A boy on his bicycle watches the egrang show (bamboo stilts) in front of the Jakarta History Museum in Kota, West Jakarta, on Sunday. The show is part of the Car-Free Day in the area known for its heritage sites.(Source: The Jakarta Post)
 
Sunday morning saw me walking along Jl. Sudirman to find sources for my bike trend article. It was a Car Free Day and everyone celebrated the cars' non-existence by biking, playing futsal or simply walking around. Should you want to join the crowd, please note that Jl. Sudirman - Jl. Thamrin would be car-free on the last Sunday every month.

I met a man riding a mountain bike and his two sons (the sons happen to be good looking, LOL, but I swear I didn't notice their face before I approached them), a man who has passion for antique bike and a boy who likes to do extreme stunts with his BMX. It was fun to meet and talk with nice people.

Although I did meet a man, who refused to be quoted and directed me to talk to the bike community's leader. Oh dear. Was he afraid of me? I was sure I had put my innocent face on.

I like writing in solitude, so I quickly went back to office and typed away the words. (Hm, if it is solitude I need, perhaps it's time to buy a laptop?) 

I'm typing this while listening to The Temper Trap's Sweet Disposition. It's an Australia-based band, but the vocalist Dougy Mandagi is Indonesian. The song is featured in (500) Days of Summer, one of my favorite films. Hope you'll like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment